Chintimini Kennel Club, Corvallis Oregon

CKC Lure Coursing For All Dogs - CATS and FASTCATS

Lure coursing tests (Coursing Ability Test, aka CAT) are now sanctioned by AKC for all breeds and mixed breeds that are AKC registered or have a canine partner number. Dogs, at least 12 months old, run a course with at least four turns. The course is a 600 yard course for dogs over 12 inches at the withers or a 300 yard course for dogs under 12 inches and brachycephalic dogs. The course is shortened to 2/3 the distance for older dogs. The dog is judged on a pass/fail basis. Dogs participating in CAT events can earn AKC CAT suffix titles.

Are you interested in officiating at one of our CAT events?

AKC Coursing Ability Tests can be officiated, in addition to AKC licensed Lure Coursing Judges, by qualified "Coursing Evaluators". If you are interested in being a CAT evaluator for a Chintimini Kennel Club event and you are not an AKC Lure Coursing Judge, then please complete the the CKC CAT Lure Coursing Evaluator Certification form. Click on this blue link for a copy.

Fast CAT for All Dogs

In 2016 AKC introduced a new sports event for all dogs - the Fast CAT. Dogs run a timed 100 yard sprint and based on their running times earn points for a AKC suffix title. (click here for FastCAT Regulations and information).

Up coming Coursing Ability Tests and Fast CAT events

Premium for October 14 and 15 2017 All Breeds FASTCAT at Crescent Valley High School. Fund raiser for the CVHS Girls Soccer Program.

Click Here for the results from the October 14and 15 FASTCAT Events: 201709882, 2017098823, 2017098824 and 2017098825.

Click here for the photographer at October 14 and 15 FASTCAT.

Event Secretaries for Coursing Ability Tests and FAST-CAT timed stright runs might find these Microsoft Excel spread sheets useful for reporting event results to AKC:

Fast CAT Results final.xlsx is used to report FAST-CAT results using a calculation to convert times MPH calculations (not based on the AKC speed table). Fast CAT Master Report.pdf provide instructions on how to use this spread sheet.

CAT Results final.xlsx is used to report CAT results. CAT Master Report.pdf provides instructions on how to use this spread sheet.

Thanks to Stephanie Kennerley at AKC for helping finalize these report spread sheets and documentation.

A Microsoft Access database program that will allow allow secretaries to maintain a database of dogs entering events and which will produce tables used by the "Result" excel spread sheets. Check for develoments.